Friday, November 21, 2008

Au Revoir...So Long

Love came into my life,
and sat down beside me with a heavy heart,
with tears streaming down her cheeks..

I held Love's hand.
There was nothing to be said.
Nothing that hadn't already been said.
Nothing that hadn't already been understood,grasped,known and felt.

We sat in silence,
Maybe for hours,
Maybe just for a few fleeting moments.

We watched the world go by in front of us.
The story of the world unfolding in endless repetition.
The rush-hour morning traffic,
The afternoon siesta,
The socialite evening parties,
And the lonely nights.

We watched it all..sitting together..side by side...holding hands.

Then Love looked at the clock.
Our hours together were over.
The clock had struck,literally.

The hour of separation...
Never to meet again.
But no tears now.

"So Long", said Love.
"So Long", said I.

10 comments:

Inkpot said...

This is so sad. Love entered with tears and left with none. My heart weeps reading it.

nishaa said...

Inkpot...Thank-you for your comment.

Maybe Love was meant to leave the moment the tears had been dried up.

Spider42 said...

interesting poem, very nice.
I like your blog, will be sure to come by more.

Laura Jayne said...

A wonderful poem that moved me this morning. Just beautiful.

nishaa said...

Dude...thank-you for stopping by.

meili_lo said...

wonderfully done =) and very meaningful. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

'So long' said I and went into a deep long slumber in the lap of the night. The night had promised me to bring all the nicest dreams worth seeing. The night had promised me of no more nightmares. The night had promised me to deliver all the night could. 'So long' said I, when I saw the morning sun. It was not the same sun, I had been seeing since childhood. Something had changed........Within me or within it? Within both of us. And suddenly the brazen lines of sorrow were blurred. The sun had promised that it will set this evening as well!

nishaa said...

Anonymous...Your lines are simply fabulous!

Thank-you for giving my lines a whole new meaning and infusing into it just the right hue of cheerful optimism and solace it needed.

SSQuo said...

All well? No post in a while, just checking :)

satheesh said...

"Veyil purandathaam ninn viralthumbinte mruthula spanthanmenthennarinjilla,
Maanasam muttukidakkumbozhum ninn kanpeeli-nanavu chundukondoppiyittilla njaan, Irulum ormakal seemayil chumbikkum
Iru samaanthara rekhakalalle naam,
Oru jeevitham muzhuvanum, oru vaakkinakkareyikkare, Kadathuthoni kittathe kaathunilkkunnavar naam"